The Strong-Drive® SDWC provides a time-saving and reliable option to fastening trusses and rafters to wall top plates. The SDWC offers fully tested loads in accordance with ICC-ES AC233 (screw) and ICC-ES AC13 (roof-to-wall assembly), and installs easily and effectively without pre-drilling.
- Fully-threaded shank engages the entire length of the fastener, providing a secure connection between the roof and wall framing members
- Cap-style head countersinks fully into the double top plate to avoid interference with drywall or finish trades
- Wide installation-angle range makes it easier to install the SDWC correctly
- Can be installed from inside the structure, eliminating exterior work on the upper stories and enhancing job safety
- Fastening can be performed before or after exterior sheathing is applied for added flexibility
- Metal installation guide tool (included) to help ensure proper installation
- Matched-tolerance driver bit (included) engages fastener head securely to allow one-handed driving (replacement bit part no. BIT30T-R1)
- Type-17 point for faster starts and easier driving
National Lumber is a proud Simpson Strong-Tie dealer. For more information on the product lines we carry, visit the Simpson Strong-Tie brochure on National Lumber’s eShowroom.