ProSales Magazine recently published a great article entitled “Six Things Dealers Should Tell Builders About Insulation.” As a lumber & building materials dealer, we feel that it is our duty to share these six things with you.
Here is an excerpt from the article:
“Properly installed insulation can save a homeowner a bundle on energy bills, keep a house more comfortable, and make the pro who installed it a hero. Improperly installed, however, that same product will do nothing to improve the comfort or energy efficiency of a home-and can create complaints about the material, the installer, and the dealer who sold the insulation.”
The six main points of the article are:
- Most homes don’t need more insulation
- Insulation doesn’t last forever
- Building codes demand thicker insulation today
- Not every builder installs insulation correctly
- It’s possible to over-insulate an attic.
- Re-attaching or adding insulation could save a homeowner from replacing the HVAC.
To learn more about each of these points, be sure to read the full article at ProSales’ website.
Consider hiring Pro Insulators, a division of National Lumber, as your sub-contractor to make your job easier and to be sure that insulation is installed correctly on your jobs.